The Asian American Studies Certificate provides students with an opportunity to develop a sustained intellectual focus on Asian American racial formation, history, literature, culture, and social concerns.
To complete a certificate in Asian American Studies, students must complete 12 credits of coursework. Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.00 and complete 6 credits in residence within the certificate.
This undergraduate certificate must be completed concurrently with the student’s undergraduate degree. Students cannot delay degree completion to complete the certificate.
- ASIAN AM 101 Introduction to Asian Americans Studies
- ASIAN AM 102 Introduction to Comparative Ethnic Studies
- ASIAN AM 121 Asian American Movement
- ASIAN AM 150 Literature and Culture of Asian America
- ASIAN AM 152 Asian American Literary and Popular Culture: Race, Fantasy, Futures
- ASIAN AM 160 Asian American History: Movement and Dislocation
- ASIAN AM 161 Asian American History: Settlement and National Belonging
- ASIAN AM 170 Hmong American Experiences in the United States
- ASIAN AM 220 Ethnic Movements in the United States
- ASIAN AM 240 Topics in Asian American Studies
- ASIAN AM 246 Southeast Asian Refugees of the “Cold” War
- ASIAN AM 270 Survey of Asian American Literature
- ASIAN AM 420 Asian Americans and Media
- ASIAN AM 441 Hmong American Social Movements in the 20th and 21st Centuries
- ASIAN AM 443 Mutual Perceptions of Racial Minorities
- ASIAN AM 462 Topics in Asian American Literature
- ASIAN AM 463 Race and Sexuality in American Literature
- ASIAN AM 464 Asian American Women Writers
- ASIAN AM 465 Asian American Poetry
- ASIAN AM 540 Topics in Asian American Studies
- ASIAN AM 560 Topics in Humanities
- ASIAN AM 662 Mass Media and Minorities
- ASIAN AM 669 Independent Study: Directed Readings in Asian American Studies
- HISTORY 244 Introduction to Southeast Asia: Vietnam to the Philippines
To declare a certificate, contact Faculty Associate & AASP Undergraduate Student Advisor, Dr. Lisa Ho at email@example.com.